Anthology 2021 is a “best of” collection of guest writings from The Greater Heritage, including Bible studies, devotionals, theological studies, poetry, and Children’s literature all from a balanced, Biblical perspective. While the writers herein come from unique backgrounds – students, pastors, theologians, academicians, moms, and dads – each share a common desire to share with others what God has placed on their hearts. Their unencumbered zeal for God’s literal, complete and final Word are demonstrated with each and every stroke of the pen, and their messages offer a wellspring of hope, encouragement and inspiration.
Cassie is a Christian schoolteacher and educator specializing in elementary, middle and high school mathematics and history. She is actively involved in her church as a Sunday school teacher and is a proud wife and mother of two boys. She currently resides in Orlando, Florida.
Christian is a student at Patrick Henry College studying the liberal arts with an emphasis in philosophy. A native Texan, he tries to emanate some good ole’ South to the people of Northern Virginia and thereby lift their spirits. In his free time, he enjoys studying theology and meeting with friends. You can follow him on Instagram at realchristiancastro.
Mandi Cooper is a writer and Christian living in northern Virginia. In her free time, she enjoys theology, politics, playing the piano, and hiking.
Kelly Freestone is an English major at The Baptist College of Florida and an editor for Affordable Christian Editing. Kelly’s husband, Norman, has been called to be a pastor, and Kelly feels called into women’s ministry. They have three kids: Caleb, Samuel and Hannah.
Elizabeth is an aspiring author and is a junior at the Baptist College of Florida. She enjoys writing poetry, short stories, and short novels. She has a passion to inspire young women to own their faith, to read the Bible, and then apply it to their lives. Lizzy maintains a YouTube channel and a poetry website. In her free time, she enjoys working out early in the morning along with playing musical instruments.
Ryan is a director, playwright, screenwriter and videographer. He spent nearly two decades as a professional magician before branching into screenwriting and production. Currently, he is working on starting his own production company and manages the Beginner Filmmaking Facebook group. He enjoys the outdoors and serving as the Junior Church Pastor at Starlight Baptist Church in Winter Springs, Florida. He resides with his wife and 3 kids in Orlando, Florida.
THIAGO SILVA, ThM
Thiago Silva is a pastor of the Presbyterian Church of Brazil and professor of Systematic Theology at the Presbyterian Theological Seminary of the South (in Brazil). He holds an ThM from Calvin Theological Seminary and is currently a PhD student at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary. He enjoys coffee and a good glass of wine. He is married to Lidia and is the father of three children.
PAUL TAMBRINO, EdD, PhD
Paul Tambrino, is President Emeritus of the Iowa Valley Community College District, and former Academic Vice President of Warren County Community College. Prior to becoming an academic administrator he taught accounting and more recently theology at several colleges and seminaries, served in the U.S. Army Reserve, writes a weekly newspaper column, and has written several journal articles and three books (Ask Augustine, Mariology: Past, Present and Future and Big Truths for Growing Minds: Stories of Long, Long Ago). He holds a Doctor of Philosophy in Theology from Trinity Seminary, and a Doctor of Education from Temple University. Paul was awarded the honorary rank of a three star general at the US Air War College, Air War University-class of 1997 and he is a Paul Harris Fellow in Rotary International. Today, he enjoys spending time with his family, rooting for the Yankees and spreading God’s word.
Kathryn is a general studies sophomore at the Baptist College of Florida and works at The Vineyard Christian Retreat, a Christian camp in southeast Alabama. Her hobbies include playing music, singing, web design, photography, and writing. She attends and serves at Eanon Baptist Church and hopes to one day be involved in full time ministry.
J.R. WALLER, MBA
J.R. is Founder of The Greater Heritage, and host of The Greater Heritage Podcast. He holds an MBA from Rollins College, Certificate in Christian Apologetics from Biola University and Bible Knowledge Certificate from The Master’s Seminary. He is former James Madison Institute Leaders Fellow and University of Central Florida Center for Public and Nonprofit Management Fellow.
Tom is currently Music Director and Choir Director for Starlight Baptist Church in Winter Springs, Florida. He was ordained as a minister of the gospel on June 9th, 2002. He holds a Bachelor of Pastoral Studies from The Patriot Bible University in Del Norte, Colorado. He was Senior Pastor of Apopka Baptist Temple from 2002-04.
Preface by J.R. Waller, MBA
2021 Guest Writers
I. History and Theology
1. Herman Bavinck on the Danger of Spiritual Pride (Thiago Silva, ThM)
2. How Do We Know Jesus Is God? Does It Matter if He Is God or Not? (Paul Tambrino, EdD, PhD)
3. The Importance of Creeds and Confessions in Relation to Biblical Exegesis (Thiago Silva, ThM)
4. Knowing God as Father and Lord (Christian Castro)
5. A Manifesto for Male and Female (J.R. Waller, MBA)
6. What Is the Least Read Book In the Bible? (Paul Tambrino, EdD, PhD)
7. What Is Theology? (Thiago Silva, ThM)
8. What Is Truth? (Paul Tambrino, EdD, PhD)
9. When Is Reformation Day and What Is Its Significance? (Paul Tambrino, EdD, PhD)
1. Are You a Moses or a Joshua? (Kelly Freestone)
2. Fill My Cup – Lessons on Spiritual Refreshment (Cassie Barnes)
3. God’s Been Faithful (Tom Wilson)
4. The Power in Knowing That You Belong to God (J.R. Waller, MBA)
5. Practical Tips for When You Don’t Want to Pray (Mandi Cooper)
6. Servant Leadership (Tom Wilson)
7. Thankful For... (Elizabeth Margaret)
III. Bible Studies
1. How to Be Set Free (J.R. Waller, MBA)
2. The Importance of Praying for Yourself (J.R. Waller, MBA)
3. On How the Christian Virtue of Faith Informs a Romance (Christian Castro)
4. What Makes a Life a Good Life? (J.R. Waller, MBA)
IV. Children’s Literature and Poetry
1. The Greatest Gift (Kathryn Tipton)
2. He Knew and Help Me Serve (Kathryn Tipton)
3. What Are the Limits of Our Faith? (Ryan Peyton)
4. Why Do We Doubt? (Ryan Peyton)
5. You Meant It and Psalm 1 (Kathryn Tipton)