Saint Augustine of Hippo (354 to 430 A.D.) is one of the most important theologians in the history of Christendom.
In this episode of The Greater Heritage Podcast we take a high-level look at 5 Essential Things About his life and teachings, including…
- The high value he placed on friendship and relationship.
- His acute self-awareness and introspection and their role in the first modern autobiography Confessions.
- His emphasis on government as ordained by God and as a curb to human evil as seen most notably in The City of God.
- His popularizing of the doctrine of predestination and its implications for the church and for human history.
- His thirst for knowledge, and how he applied classical learning to Biblical scholarship.
Intro and outro music provided by Five Minute Plan. Be sure to visit their site today!