14) Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men.
15) Avoid it, pass not by it, turn from it, and pass away.
16) For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall.
17) For they eat the bread of wickedness, and drink the wine of violence.
18) But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.
19) The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.Proverbs 4:14-19 (KJV)
In this podcast episode we study Proverbs 4:14-19, which teaches us to avoid the path of wickedness, and instead choose the path of the just and righteous.
Specifically, we then look at the path of the just, and learn that when we live to follow Jesus our Christian lives gets better and better spiritually as we are made more like him and get ever closer to being with him and like him in eternity.“When we commit to Christ and allow him to work and lead, our lives will get better spiritually.”
It’s not that our lives get necessarily better physically or materially, none of that is promised in scripture. However, when we commit to Christ and allow him to work and lead, our lives will get better spiritually.
Christians are promised that no matter what befalls them, no matter what happens, he will continue and finish what he started in us (Phil. 1:6).
We’re chosen to be and are being conformed to him, and changed into his image (Rom. 8:29, 2 Cor. 3:18). That’s what he does for us on the path of the righteous.
May each of us follow the path of the righteous closely and cling to Jesus, and along way may we bring others into God’s family of light, calling them out of the darkness just as we were once called out to live in God’s marvelous light (1 Pet. 2:9).
Verses mentioned in this episode: Prov. 4:14-19, Ps. 119:105, Jn. 8:12, Matt. 5:14, 1 Jn. 1:7, Jas. 1:17, Matt. 7:13, Jn. 3:19-20, Eph. 2:2-4, Heb. 10:20, Rom. 8:29, 2 Cor. 3:18, Phil. 1:6, Rom. 11:36, Rev. 22:5, 1 Jn. 3:2, Ps. 27:1, 1 Pet. 2:9, 1 Jn. 2:11, Dan. 12:3.
Intro and outro music provided by Five Minute Plan.
Discover more podcast episodes like this one about becoming better in the Christian life. Subscribe to our email list.
Are you a Christian writer looking to publish? Learn more.